Re: getopt

The only point to mention is that the previous lib maintainer explicitly
avoided GNUlib code, to keep the MiNTlib completely free of copyright.
You will have to decide whether this objective is still crucial enough.
I personally have no problems with the GNU copyleft, but I know it can
prove inconvenient for commercial code.
  -- Howard

  On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Jan Paul Schmidt wrote:

  > The GNU packages mostly come with their own getopt, which is automatically
  > included after running configure, so what is exactly your problem?

  This is probably why I hadn't noticed a problem before, but then
  GNU isn't the only game in town.

  > Nevertheless, including stuff from the GNUlib into MiNTlib is a good idea
  > and I know, some people (like myself) did this already.

  Any objections from the user community if I just grab GNU
  getopt() and put it in the MiNTlib instead of what's there now?

  Yves