Re: Status of PL48 Was: gcc-as 2.5.1

stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz%INTERNET wrote:

> I used wrong words. I wanted to say that current mintlibs contain much more
> __mint references than I tried to remove, but these are used in conditions
> like
>
> if (__mint)
>
> which basically means "TOS or MiNT?". And since I know nothing about MagiC's
> internals, I have no idea if it could be replaced with
>
> if (__mint || __magic)
>
> So I didn't touch it. Such changes (if needed at all) must be done by a
> MagiC programmer, not me.

Well. There should be no explicit checking for MiNT. Either a GEMDOS
call exists,
than use it. Otherwise it will return -32L.

> Hopefully there's a short program which adds a 'MiNT' cookie into MagiC, so
> then you can run all MiNT programs - and if they crash, it's MagiC
> incompatibility... :-)

But then this program is not a good solution because the MiNT cookie
might be used
to check for a specific version of MiNT, and there is no specific MiNT
version to which
MagiC is compatible.

Besides, a *lot* of MiNT GEMDOS calls might also be available when
running BigDOS or
MetaDOS and similar GEMDOS extensions.

Always check for return codes!