Re: Question about mintnet

> > Also another question, we don't have /dev/mem nor /dev/kmem what would
> > be the trick to replace that?

>From the Linux docs I have got the impression that earlier kmem kernel
(memory) image file was used to locate certain kernel variables /
functions by their offsets in kernel memory. So that stuff would be
quite OS specific.

> In /c/mint/mint.cnf, I have :
>
> 	sln c:\auto\mintnp.prg u:\vmunix
> 	sln u:\proc\MiNT.000 u:\dev\kmem

I don't know any MiNT utils doing that kind of things, so I wonder a bit
about the meaning of above sln links...

Btw.  Newer Linux kernels (2.x.x) provide these kernel hooks through more
generic proc filesystem stuff.  Like changing the maximum number of open
files per process at runtime just by 'cat'ing a number to a certain
proc-fs file.  :)

	- Eero