Re: gluestik and cab.ovl > 1.2704 crashes

>If you had asked me, I would probably have been able to tell you. I don't
>recall receiving any email from you describing your problem. The only email
>I can find from you was on Nov 28, asking when authorization would be
>released.

Yes, I'm very busy at the moment, so I decided to go the easy way (because
gluestik was already installed...)

>re: your email problem - have you read the ovldoc.txt file? There are only
>two items that need to be configured to make mailto: URLs work - in the
>CAB server/proxy menu, you must define an SMTP server. In the CABOVL.CNF
>file, you must define your email address. This address will be used in the
>"From" headers of all email you send. All mail will be sent to the SMTP
>server you specify, and that SMTP server must allow relaying.

This is exactly what I was missing: a ovldoc.txt file. Could you please
tell me where I could download the latest ovl-version?

There is another bug I found out right now (perhabs a bit more a cab-bug).
The mintnet-ovl crashes with cab 2.6. With cab 2.5 it works fine. (execpt
of that I don't know how to set up email...).

>re: authorization problem - have you got the latest OVL? There was a bug in
>the first cut, it would go into an infinite loop when you successfully
>authenticated. This bug was fixed, and there are no known auth bugs in 1.8402
>which is the last version I've distributed. I have only made two small bug
>fixes since then, which I have yet to release. (In module.h, I had to change
>reloadflag from type "int *" to type "short *" since I compile with 32-bit
>int's. This bug causes the OVL to always send the ignore-cache HTTP directives
>on every request, which is annoying. The bug really only affects people using
>a proxy server. The other bug is that the OVL returned -1 (failure) instead of
>0 (success) after receiving a Not Modified response to a conditional GET. If
>you want these fixes right away, let me know. I figured they were too minor
>to justify packaging up a new release.)

Is it possible that these fixes also could solve my problem with cab 2.6
(mentioned above)?

Greetings,
					Bernd