Re: Multitasking during disc access (was: Re: MiNT scheduling)

Mario Becroft <mb@tos.pl.net> writes:

|> On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
|>> That's pretty interesting, cause the difference between SLICES=1 (as you
|>> have set) and SLICES=4 should be hardly noticeable for humans. Afaik,
|>> one slice is 1/200 secs...

|> Now what made me think that each slice was 20 milliseconds? I'm sure I
|> read that somewhere, but I forget where.

That's right.  Although MiNT uses the 200Hz timer, it only runs the
scheduler every fourth tick.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"