Re: memory protection

Konrad Kokoszkiewicz <draco@mi.com.pl> writes:

|> Actually teh memory protection mechanism in MiNT is not very useful and
|> it somehow makes me think its done wrong. So it would be another bug in
|> MiNT to fix. Why do I think so? Because the MP makes the system less
|> stable instead of more stable. Many "non-MP-aware" programs lead the
|> system to crash instead of getting killed.

Broken software deserves to be broken.  Any program that crashes due to MP
is simply broken, because it accesses memory it doesn't own.  There is no
excuse for this.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"