MiNT security problem?

Hello,

I just realised that there must be the following secutiry problem under
MiNT:

At present anyone can freeze the system for as long as they wish by simply
entering supervisor mode. If they want to unfreeze it again they can do
that too, and while it is frozen they can still use the machine (in a
limited way).

How can this problem be avoided? It wouldn't be possible to simply disable
supervisor mode for user programs since much software needs to be able to
access system variables etc that are not accessible in user mode.

All I can think of is to impose some kind of limit on the length of time
spent in supervisor mode, but this seems like a kludge which would be
problematic in many cases.

Or am I missing something and this is in fact not a problem at all?

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                 http://www.pl.net/user/mario      |\__/,|   (`\