Re: Multitasking during disc access (was: Re: MiNT scheduling)

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Mario Becroft wrote:

> Now if only somehow MiNT could multitask while disc access is occuring. Is
> this possible? If this could be done it would help some things a great
> deal. But is it possible, or is MiNT inherently unable to do so? I hear

I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of MiNT, but I know that
the current implementation of the XDD/XFS-interface doesn't allow
background disk-access. Fixing it would require a *lot* of work...

> also that in MagiC this feature can be problematic... so it even possible
> to make such a feature work stable?

With MagiC and HD-Driver it is possible to have background disk-access
(SCSI only) as long as *all* devices on the SCSI-bus has drivers that
supports this. With only SCSI-disks and HD-Driver it works reasonable
well, but connecting something that doesn't support it also excludes
it.

/*
**
*/