Re: memory protection

Hello Anthony,

  on Sun 16-11-97 13:42 you wrote:

 AJ> Well, you seem to be reporting correct operation of the Memory Protection
 AJ> - when a program crashes with a message like:
 AJ>
 AJ> pid  20 (CAB): MEMORY VIOLATION: type=private    AA=.. PC=.. BP=..
 AJ> TEXT=.. BSS=..
 AJ>
 AJ> it means that the CAB has attempted to access memory it shouldn't have - and
 AJ> so should be provented from doing any harm to other programs - and so should
 AJ> be killed.
 AJ>
 AJ> The info that is dumped out can either be ignored, or passed to the author of
 AJ> the program (along with info about what you were doing when it happened). Using
 AJ> the ALERT.ACC prevents this information from corrupting the screen by putting
 AJ> it in a GEM alert...

That's right. But I was confused by the word "protection" and I would have
expected that the faulty program(s) would have been killed but the AES or
MiNT. So it's perhaps, as you repport it too, the AES fault. I use the
v4.1 too...
So it become obvious I need to try the famous N.Aes or one of the free
alternative ones.

--
P. Ricard