Re: Mintnet-CAB.OVL updates?

 >>From: Jo Even Skarstein <joska@nuts.edu>
 >>
 >>On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
 >>
 >>> I was just trying to access the Cyberstrider.org site and it kept
 >>> on timing out. Apparently, this is caused by CAB and the OVL *not*
 >>> having been upgraded to comply with HTTP 1.1 specifications.
 >>>
 >>> However, someone on #atari was saying CAB itself would have to be
 >>> upgraded to support HTTP 1.1 improvements. Is that true?
 >>>
 >>> I would appreciate if 1.81 could be upgraded to support
 >>> this new HTTP version soon.

[...]

 >Hm... You guys really should be using 1.82 already. I may have to delete
 >my security additions and just send it out. sigh.

Hmm...assides from the SHTML additions, what else was implemented?
There was mention of direct FTP being in the works, in 1.81 docs.

Currently, I use AFTP as my plug-in, but it seems to choke on any
complete URL that include the filename. That is, if I have an URL
like:  ftp://ftp.foo.bar/pub/atari/  it works fine, but if it is:
ftp://ftp.foo.bar/pub/atari/file.zip  then it just freezes there!

Also, the docs mention one can put the e-mail headers info.
WHERE do I put them? In mint.cnf?

Anyhow, anxiously awaiting 1.82.

Yours,

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem
  <HTML><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></HTML>