Re: Clipboard bugs caused by MiNT?!

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 13, 1997 at 03:57:48PM +0200, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > A while back (on the STiK mailing), I reported that NEWSie
> > intercepts Clipboard actions from other applications, plus
> > popup-dialog actions (right mouse click) from CAB.
> >
> > Today, I tried booting SingleTOS for a test. No more buggy!
> > Booting with MultiTOS (AES 4.1) as a PRG in the auto-folder
> > also worked perfectly! ;-)
> >
> > Therefore, I can only point to the MiNT kernel itself as the
> > source of those mis-routed application vectors.
> >
> > Does anyone know what could cause these mis-directions of
> > mouse/keyboard actions by MiNT?
> This may be a NEWSIE problem or a problem of the compiler the NEWSIE has
> been compiled with.
No. It's a problem with flow control when using MiNT + SingleTOS. Ctrl-Q,
Ctrl-C and Ctrl-S are misinterpret in GEM applications by the kernel. The
problem usually disappears as soon as you've pressed any other working
shortcut. This happens for every new application you start.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRC)     binder@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de