Re: Standard directory (was: New project need help

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >|> ucb stands for Univ. California Berkeley IIRC, this dir contains
>  >|> binaries from this previous incarnation of UNIX(tm), such as
>  >|> vi, socket-oriented stuff etc... :
>  >
>  >But it is highly Sun specific, and i'd just leave it out.  You might
>  >also want to look at the Linux FSSTND (filesystem standard) or similar
>  >documents for SVR4.
>
>  Given most of the MiNT ports come from Linux, I agree. But keeping in
> touch with the "old" ways is a fairly good idea too. Otherwise, things
> like Jo Even Skarstein's Connex refuse to work if/when executables and
> related files are not where it expects them.

I'd just like to point out that Connexion can be configured to look
for pppd anywhere, it only looks in /usr/ucb by default. If anybody
has any suggestions for (reasonable) alternative locations for pppd,
please let me know and I'll add it to the default search-path.

/*
**
*/