Re: Security stuff

> We have at least three insecure system calls available for all users, i.e.
> Super(), Supexec() and Rwabs(). And perhaps some more :) If the Unix

Yes, there are more. I'm sure I've still forgotten about a few below and I
didn't even consider those that 'only' modify global system behaviour.

Calls that can give a program supervisor access (indirectly)
setexc   (bios 5)
_mfpint  (xbios 13)

Calls that can seriously disrupt the system
ikbdws   (xbios 25)
jdisint  (xbios 26)
jenabint (xbios 27)
xbtimer  (xbios 31)

I don't recall if the VDI vex_timv/butv/motv/curv call their vector routines
in supervisor mode, but they might.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)