Re: Supexec/Super patch?

> |> For now I think it can be only done by changing the BUSERR handler so that
> |> it could emulate all accesses to these variables from the user mode
> |> (I know it could be slow, but I don't think programs do it often).
>
> Continuing after BUSERR on a plain 68000 is tricky at best.

Tricky, yes. If one can assume a few things about the accesses, it's still
doable, though. (I've done it myself in my QL emulator for the ST/Falcon)

Anyway, worrying about this on a plain 68000 doesn't really make much sense
since there's no way to protect the rest of the system.
On an '030, safe Super()/SupExec() is doable and might be useful. I doubt it
would be easy, though.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)