RE: VFAT.XFS versus MagiC

> So if I've understood this correctly, it should be quite possible to
> write a VFAT XFS. This would only work on TOS-partitions and floppies
> though.

Of only FAT32 FAT's are interpreted correctly it would work on all
TOS/DOS fs types I know of. As I said: AHDI already can read write
large disc wo any problem. You need no new driver to access large
drives "only" a new implementation of the TOS fs OR a patch so
FAT32 FATs are interpreted..

> > Again, this was the reason of writting my yesterday's mail: you can't
> > read sectors on DOS partitions. That's why XFS is useless.
>
> Not even with HD-Driver installed? I believe both MagiC and BigDOS

Once and for all:

AHDI have no problem whatsoever reading large SCSI dics. (I haven't
checked IDE since I use my TT for programming..)

There is an extension to Rwabs that enables you to use a 32bit
sector index into the partition/phys device. AHDI supports this!
This means that you can read/write each individual sector on a
1Tbyte disc!

The problem lies in TOS' fs nowhere else!

Getting only a little bit annoyed here.. ;-)
 Regards
  Sven