Re: Networking

> On a bit of a different note, has anybody attempted TCP/IP networking with a
> win95 box?

I've attempted it, although I gave up before I succeeded (I was trying to
do it all on a floppy based system as a short term measure before getting
my HD fixed - which it now is)

Gerry O'Rorke has also attempted it, and after various queries on c.s.a.s.tech
has succeeded and has released a document detailing what he has done. I've
put his un-modified text-file on my www pages (see .sig) - although I will
be putting a HTML formatted version their later today...

His system is a complete setup, with FTP, telnet and NFS all working.

> to a win95 network. That is unless anyone has any nice ideas about network
> adapters for an ST?

Well, it is possible to write a driver for MiNTnet, but that'll be a lot
of hassle... maybe parrallel is possible (but maybe not!) as Win95 seems to
offer this as an option (I guess the Atari p-port isn't good enough though)

Tell us if you are successful...

Anthony
--
Anthony Jacques           IRC: AnthonyJ | The boy stood on the burning deck
                                        | Whence all but he had fled -
jacquesa@zetnet.co.uk                   | Twit.
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jacquesa/ |                  (Spike Milligan)
          Please note the new email and WWW addresses. Thanks.