Re: MC 4.0

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> I managed to run the Midnight Commander on my 4 meg Falcon after I
> installed terminfo (thanks, Katherine!). But there are still some problems
> left:
>
> 1) mc (as well as lynx) does not work on vconsoles. To make it work I had
>    to change the default terminal for vconsoles, from stv52 to st52.

mc definitely works on vconsoles here. You have wrong terminfo, most
probably. I'll upload my terminfo and termcap somewhere if anybody wants.

> 2) mc bombs if you try to perform "Save options". No matter, if YOU select
>    this option or the mc tries to save options automatically. The result
>    is the same: Bus error.

This is a well known problem, for me at least. It's there since version
3.00 (which I compiled for Linux-m68k years ago). It might be a endianess
bug or an unitialized pointer (just guessing).

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz