Re: CAB&MiNTnet 1.82

Hi

> I have added support for the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol developed
> by Netscape into the overlay. I ported the SSLeay 0.8.0 release, so it
> supports both SSL version 2 and 3. I cannot distribute the result, due to
> US export restrictions on cryptography. So, I am looking for someone who
> can build the library and make it available, outside the US.

:-/ I would offer if I had a) my Falcon handy, b) a properly set up gcc
system...

> As such, the overlay with the
> SSL library is almost bigger than CAB itself. It doesn't make sense to
> me to distribute it this way; I get the feeling that not many people will

Yea, a compile-time option and just distribute 2 packages.... Maybe if you
distribute the source like this with the option turned off you would avoid
the US laws? not worth risking I guess...

> The survey part of this is just to see - does anyone really need this? How
> often do you encounter a web page that you cannot access, because you cannot
> connect securely, etc.?

Well I dont use CAB (I use my PC with Netscape), but I wouldn't have thought
that there were that many pages that you CANNOT access without a secure
link, but security would be PREFERABLE for things like credit-card purchases
and some other forms... Worth having, I think...

Anthony