Re: MiNT040

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > It's on my WWW pages as well as all other programs I have written, patched
> > or at least compiled ;-) MiNT and Linux got their owns sections in my
> > software list.
>
> I.e. MiNT doesn't work on 040? It is strange, because I remember I saw a
> portion of 040 code in the MiNT source files (don't remember exactly
> where, but it was of course one of *.spp files).

MiNT compiled for 000 does work on 040. I just compiled MiNT sources with
GCC optimizations for 040. So the kernel is/should be faster on 040,
nothing more. Unfortunately my knowledges don't allow me to patch kernel
for real support of 68040 (especially I miss the memory protection..)

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development
 e-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz