MiNTlib PL47 pre-release

I have installed on my ftp site (ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ypell)
three files containing a pre-release distribution of MiNTlib
PL47.  I am calling it a pre-release because:

1. It's gcc-only.  I haven't yet started on Pure C, Lattice, and
HSC.  I will need volunteers with these compilers already
installed, to test their respective libs.

2. I don't consider testing complete.  I haven't found anything
wrong, yet; but I just scratched the surface.  I hope others out
there will take the time to have a look. (And send out more
patches! Yeah!)

NOTE: Since additional bug-fixes may end up in the final
distribution, I am asking people not to redistribute the files
they will get at my site.  Also, you will be using them at your
own risk.

As I said, so far I have no bugs to report.  I have recompiled
as few programs, including GNU date (*), and MiNTOS init,
syslogd, and login. I had to increase the stack space for
syslogd and login, but otherwise they are all stable and
problem-free.

Have fun.

Yves Pelletier

(*) Remember those compilation problems I asked about in an
earlier message?  I traced them to mistakes in config.h (a file
created by the configure script). In particular, config.h
unnecessarily re-defined size_t, gid_t and uid_t because it
could not find them in types.h.  The configure script did not
realize that these types are indeed available through types.h,
by way of an "#include <compiler.h>" statement.