Re: a time for MiNTlibs pl47?

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Yves Pelletier wrote:
>
> Hi Yves,
>
> > Jerry@zedat.fu-berlin.de: better time-handling.
>
> is this the UTC patch?  I hope it isn't.

Hmm. Part of the patch deals with UTC. Another part, which is
the one I thought was the most useful, deals with time
discretisation.  This would improve such things as graphics
animation programs and other near-real-time applications.
If the UTC stuff breaks something, then I won't put it in, but
I would like to include the time discretization patch if there
isn't anything wrong with it.

> > Dirk Stadler: multiple patches, mostly dealing with
> >               removing dependencies on the __mint variable.
>
> This is something we should discuss first. I've been  talking with MagiC
> developer who told me MagiC was not fully MiNT compatible...

You mean Dirk's patch would break MiNTlibs for MagiC?  Well,
if that's the only problem, they could always stay with PL46...
}-)
Ok, who else wants to comment on this?

> the patch for  read.c will probably never be incorporated,  it's  too
> dirty. But the  stat() patch should be put in. Also, there are some
> annoying bugs in other file routines (e.g. statfs(), chdir())  dealing
> with current  directory ("./"). I haven't fixed it  yet, though.

Ok.

Yves