Re: a time for MiNTlibs pl47?

> The pragmatic reality is that we are nowhere near a split of the
> MiNTlibs into separate MiNT/TOS and MagiC branches;  the
> possibility was raised, but was not sustained.
>
> If there is a trend, I think it is toward generalizing the libs,
> not restricting them.  I also think it would be very difficult
> to achieve a conscensus on a change to the libs that would
> result in a split.  There would have to be some amazing new
> development to justify any such move.

Since I'm developing Fenix there are two things I would like to see
in mintlibs:

1) Fenix is fully multithreaded. Making mintlibs MT-safe is necessarily.
   If noone else want to do this I would have to do it myself.. :-(

2) Fenix has (rather) good support for shared and dynamically loaded
   libraries. Adapting mintlibs to this ie splitting it into smaller
   libraries would also be a idea. Not all application would have to
   use all libraries yielding less memory usage if a limited number
   applications would have to be run simultainously. Also making it
   possible to use mintlibs as a shared lib would yield smaller
   applications.

I know that these modifications would lead to a more Fenixish library
but the modifications might be an advantage anyway...

Regards Sven Karlsson - Istari software