Success! Re: X fonts

I am pleased to report that I am currently writing this message
on an Xterm running under MiNT on my good ol'TT.

Many thanks to Bill Hallman, who sent me the attached message;
I hope you won't mind, Bill, but I think this should be on
archive somewhere for the next person who'll get this trouble.

Now. In addition to changing my fonts.dir file to match Bill's,
I had to have a fonts.alias file in
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc, containing those two lines:

fixed <full-length-font-description>
cursor cursor

Strange, I know, but that's what worked for me.

Remaining problems:

1. I still can't get the entire font path recognized. I have to
launch X with this line:

xinit -- -fp /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc

Anyway... now that I can at least get a minimal system going, I
will focus on that particular problem.

2. Upon startup, X complains that it cannot find any useable
iso-8859-1 fonts. (I have _lots_ of them.)  If I attempt to
switch fonts from the X desktop,  the whole thing comes crashing
down with a bus error.

Now here's Bill's message, for the record.

Thanks again,

Yves