Toswin vt100 (Was Re: MiDI driver for MiNT-net?)

Howard Chu wrote:
> Might be useful. Personally I've only been using Miniwin lately, and I've
> already written a terminfo description for it that does everything I need.

I used to use Toswin instead of Miniwin (personal preference). The thing
that annoyed me when I got a modem was that vt52 capabilities are very
limited.  OK, I could add a tw52 entry for my unix box at work, but with
any others, I was stuck with vt52.  So, I added the vt100 escape sequences
(well, most of them) to Toswin.

I did also have thoughts about starting from scratch, but Toswin had all
the code already there, so I only needed to add the escape sequences.
Does Tim Miller's terminal code work on machines with graphics cards?
That was the advantage of using Toswin/Miniwin for me, sacrificing speed
for compatibility (and having Toswin source made it fairly easy to hack!).

It still needs a little work - there are a few (generally more esoteric)
things missing like the alternate font.  I've been using it for a few
months now, so I think it's stable.  I'll put a copy up for ftp on :

	aire.ncl.ac.uk:/pub/Atari/Binaries/tw100-0.9.tar.gz (020+)
	aire.ncl.ac.uk:/pub/Atari/Sources/tw100-0.9.tar.gz

when I get home this evening.  BTW, I'm using gcc 2.6.3 on a TT - how do
I create 68000 binaries?  Last time I tried this (i.e. -m68000), I still
ended up sending 68020+ bins halfway round the world ... oops!