The ports (was: Re: LAN port)

>>Here we are again...I remember that I have to use Bconin and Bconout to
>>talk to the MIDI port (3), the serial1 (1)...Which is the device number for
>>the other ports?
>
>No, you should avoid BIOS like the plague, especially under MiNT.  There
>are BIOS device numbers for serial2, but I forget what they are (if you
>want 'em, lemme know and I can look them up - I'm at work now - sshhhh!!).
>You can also use the aux: device, which is device 1.  Device 1 and serial1
>are NOT the same.  Modem1 (which is device 5 or 6 or something) is normally
>mapped to AUX, device 1.
I am not yet programming under MiNT; actually I don't even yet have
it...BTW: can you tell me what is the bare minimum I need to say "I am
running MiNT", and which is the best place to get it?
Well, I cannot really say that I am programming either. But can you tell me
all the device numbers, just to let me start to practice...Another BTW: I
use the Lattice C compiler from HiSoft: if I ever start going MiNT, is this
compiler OK to build projects?

Thanks a lot,
Dante

|______ Dante Turrini - via F.Malaguti, 7 - 40126 BOLOGNA, ITALY ______|