Re: Timing Under MiNT

What you wrote:
> Hi....
>
> In case anyone missed it ;) I'm working on the XaAES AES replacement for
> MiNT. I've got a problem, and thought someone might be able to help.

Hmmm, seems I missed it :-)

> At the moment I use Talarm() to set timer callbacks in order to implement
> evnt_timer() and evnt_multi(MU_TIMER). This works fine (there's a delta queue
> backing up the signal handler to allow multiple events), but the problem
> is the Talarm() only has a resolution of 1 second, which is to long for
> several apps (notably Yukon calls evnt_timer() in between dealing each card
> - with a minimum 1sec delay, dealling a full deck takes ages).

If you want better resolution just use the Tmalarm() call. It has
millisecond resolution (well actually it will probably have 5
millisecond resolution) and is present on all newer versions of MiNT
(actually I don't remember when it was introduced :-)

Cheers
Wolfgang

----
Wolfgang Lux
WZH Heidelberg, IBM Germany             Internet: lux@heidelbg.ibm.com
+49-6221-59-4546                        VNET:     LUX at HEIDELBG
+49-6221-59-3500 (fax)	                EARN:     LUX at DHDIBMIP