Re: W1r2 - great!

> 1) my MicroEMACS 3.12 port won't run, it says "the screen is too small"

this is a bug in the termcap entry that wterm sets, it misses the li# and
co# entries. However, the entry in termcap.wterm is ok. Try the following:

cat termcap.wterm >> /etc/termcap
export TERMCAP=/etc/termcap

and rerun micro emacs.

> 2) GNU EMACS runs, but makes the cursor flash _really_ fast; the status
>    line, which should be reverse-video, is underlined (so I suspect a
>    small bug in the TERMINFO and/or TERMCAP entry for this)
>
> 3) Elvis makes the cursor flash _really_ fast; I think I'll hack the
>    wterm source so it *never* flashes

wterm doesn't flush the cursor unless you give it the -b option.

Kay.
--
Kay Roemer              roemer@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
"If I ever meet ..."    http://www.uni-frankfurt.de/~roemer/