Re: W1r2 binaries / Gcc 2.3.3

> On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Chris Herborth wrote:
> > http://www.qnx.com/~chrish/Atari/MiNT/
>
>     I've noticed that if the screen scrolls while W is running, somehow
> W's notion of the screen scrolls along with it.  Ie, you can move windows
> and the mouse off the upper edge of the screen, but you cannot get to the
> lower edge.  This bug must have taken some PRETTY fancy programming to
> achive!  Kudos.  Anyways, normally this isn't a problem, because W
> catches console output.  However, it also prints a line or two of
> diagnostic info when it first runs which screws up it's conception of the
> screen if the cursor is on the bottom line of the screen when you start
> W.  This could easilly be fixxed by sending a screen-clear VT code before
> printing anything.

W doesn't do anything which could cause that kind of behaviour.  When
started, W just checks Getrez() for the standard Atari screen
resolutions, sets the screen size variables / color mode function
pointers accordingly and gets the logical screen address for the
screen graphics bitmap address.

Are you sure you don't have any funny TSRs? On my machine I run vconsoles
and 'MiNT screensaver' with W without any troubles.

	- Eero