Re:CAB OVL

|Well, I've got a working CAB overlay file. I got the info, and spent about
|a half-hour coding the basics. It's pretty crude, but it works.
|
|The problem is that getservbyname(), getservbyport(), and gethostbyname()
|are not working. Why? I dunno. It's much the same code that I've been
|using for internet stuff since 1984. I'd guess it has something to do with
|the way CAB loads and runs it's overlay.

I began some time ago to write an CAB MiNTnet module.
I've got the same problems with the resolver stuff, but this is
working fine now (I asked Alexander Clauss to add an other overlay
init).
These problems dissappear when the module is correctly initialized
(like nomrla process). There is newer CAB module spec that can
correct the problem..

But since these days (it was more than a month ago), there are still
some problemes: the data don't get written on disk..
I use the 'open, write, close' stuff for data and socket (I got data
from the server, the data seems to be written to disk without error
but the file remains to zero!)

But that's not the strangest! The module log its action to a file for
debugging purpose, and this file is reaaly written! (I use fopen,
fclose, fprintf for the log)..

This is wierd..

Tell me if you want the source (kay roemer has already it),
the archive is 13227 tar-gziped-uuencoded..

Stéphane

  Stephane Boisson    | 11, rue de la Garenne |  Falcon030/MiNT, MacIIci, Un*x
boisson@worldnet.net  |  92310 Sevres FRANCE  |    TCP/IP, XWindow, C, 680x0
http://www.worldnet.net/~boisson/
http://www.x4u.com/