Re: Python 1.3 ported!

> What you wrote:
> > > I just finished porting Python 1.3 to MiNT (it might work under TOS, but
> > > it hasn't been tested).
> > >
> > > http://www.qnx.com/~chrish/Atari/MiNT/
> >
> > I get a Fail when trying to connect to the specified URL.
> > Do you have any idea why ?
>
> Hmm, we just upgraded out external server, and it could be acting a
> little funky still...  I think it was down most of Sunday.  Try again,
> it should be up now.
>
> > Is the information available at some pub ftp-site.
>
> Nope.  I could put it on Hensa or something I suppose, or some kind soul
> could upload it to atari.archive (I can never get on, being in the same
> timezone and all).

I can almost always get on, using a small trick. Since I use gopher to
access the archive for downloads, I only ever do it to upload stuff.

Chris, your HTTP server is running, but it is supplying the files with a
'text/plain' content type. This is a bloody nuisance ;). Try taking the
gz extension off the files, and just calling them .tar  (most httpd
servers don't understand the .gz or .tgz suffix out of the box, and must
have their configs edited for it). Bizarrely enough though, the files
_seem_ to arrive intact, despite all this. Well, the docs did, anyway.
Just waiting on the binaries now. All will go to a.a.u.e. as soon as I've
got it and verified that it unpacks okay.