Re: MintNet Programming

> I have some questions about programming for MintNet.  Do you have any
> .txt file or other info already written?  At the moment, I would like

Get a good book about Unix-Network-Programming, the programming interface
to MintNet is nearly the same.

> to know if a replacement dialer could be used?  I would like to
> replace 'chat' with an accessory to do the dialing, then activate
> 'pppd' or 'dip' to make the connection.

Usually pppd invokes chat oder another dialer, not the other way round.
And why using another dialer for dip?

> The problem with 'chat' is
> if the internet provider is busy a lot, I have not had much luck with
> it doing redials well.

Hmm, I am using a small shell script for (re)dialing, that looks like:

---
#!/bin/sh

PHONES="12345 23456 34567"

for i in $PHONES; do
	if chat -v ABORT BUSY ABORT "NO CARRIER" "" ATZ OK "ATDP$i" ...
	then
		exit 0
	fi
done