Re: MiNT friendly window systems?

Tamminen Eero writes:

> I just put up a page about W on my WWW pages. I'm still waiting
> Tecshe's (and Kay's) answer to my mail about whether it would be
> ok to put compiled binaries of W1R1->2 transition sources.
> (URL deleted)

 Well, there're four things to say about it:

 1) It's "TeSche", not "Tecshe". :)

 2)  I think I'll do a W1R2 release before x-mas. The reason why I haven't
done it already is that I started playing with X11 fonts under W - and you
would really want to wait for the result! For those of you who have got a
copy of W1R1: The new one is really faster due to socket buffering. For
those of you who don't want to wait for this: Well, you may very well use
Eero's version (that's a permission, Eero:), but keep in mind that quite a
lot things have changed since that 'alpha non-release', so you'll have some
extra work if you start writing programs based on that version.

 3) Ftp site for the last version was ftp.phil.uni-sb.de in /pub/atari/mint/
window-managers or something like this. I think that'll also be a suitable
place for a newer version.

 4) I do have a webpage, but there's nothing on it yet. But I'll make W1R2
available through that if the time has come.

> (Sorry Tesche and Kay to put pressure up, but I think W needs some
> publicity! W-95 hype campaign is now going on (I hope that R2 doesn't
> take as much time as WIN-95 took :)))).

 I hope not! But from W1 to W95 is a long step, you know... ;)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...