Re: MiNT friendly window systems?

What you wrote:
> I'd like to know more about available MiNT friendly window systems.
>
> I have used X, but on a 4MB STfm it's quite unusable.

Yes.  It's pretty amazing that it works though!  :-)

> I have seen MGR on the sites, is it's atari port still supported
> and do people use it? What's it like (does it need MiNTNet or
> MiNTOS? How much RAM?)?

MGR doesn't need anything but MiNT, and it's a little slow.  It's got a
fairly small foot print... I think I first ran it on a 1M system (yes,
MiNT + MGR + a couple apps in 1M!).

I don't think any recent version of MGR has been ported.

> The only one originally done for MiNT is W. It's quite nice and
> small, but not ready yet. It's fun to tinker with though :).
> Tecshe (the author) may add a bit more if he likes?

Does Tecshe have a web page?  FTP site?  I'm still waiting impatiently
to get my hands on W!  :)

> Are there other ones?

MultiTOS!  :-)  Also not too usable on a 4M ST, but mostly because of
the speed.

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com