Re: Shared libs.

> Actually, when I last worked on gcc (ages ago) I chose a4, because a5 is
> zeroed on certain TOS calls. (It's not supposed to work that way, but so
> it goes...) I don't remember which functions caused this problem, or if
> it was specific to BIOS, XBIOS, or GEMDOS. Anyway, it's an annoyance...

If that is true, it's a severe bug in a ROM TOS (MiNT doesn't have that
problem, right?) and can be solved by a small TSR which sits in TRAP whatever
and saves that register.

However, if have that feeling that your problem was a misbehaving TSR, as
I never heard of that problem.

Anyway, no reason not to use any of the adress registers which are
documented to be preserved.
Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de