Re: MacMiNT

> > I was able to retrieve both the May'94 version (MiNT 0.95) and
> > the VM version (MiNT 1.12).
>
> VM? Is there a virtual memory version of MiNT for Mac????

I guess that means: able to run on Macs with VM turned on.

 > The old versions seems to work -- well sort of. All my programs which
> > try to read the contents of the TOS header crash with as BUS error
> > (4F2 seems to point into nirvana).
>
> Err... AFAIK MacMiNT isn't an Atari emulator. It's a port of MiNT
> with 'Just Enough TOS' to implement the GEMDOS etc. TOS calls which
> the ('unported' part of) MiNT uses.

Yes, but I guess it has to support *some* system variables. All programs
linked with the MiNT library will try to access the cooke jar (just an
example).

> > The newer version crashes right away (finder reports 'error 1', my
> > machine is a PB520).
>
> Are you sure that it's for Mac? last time I heard about MacMiNT (1/2 year
> ago) only the 1.08 sources (as it had that source only distrib condition)
> had been ported... (Which a friend of mine promptly tried on one of the
> schools Macs :)

Well, it came from a MacMiNT archive file :-)

> 	- Eero

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-48161 Muenster
 eMail: reschke@math.uni-muenster.de jr@ms.maus.de