Re: MiNT resync version?

Frank Bartels wrote:

> Michael Hohmuth (hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de) wrote:
>
> > Do you think that a resync is necessary?
>
> Sure, the latest version is unuseable without a patch (file locking
> problem).

What would you think if I'd release an 1.12.5-RELEASE (instead of
BETA) which just contained the fixes which have accumulated in the
meantime (like file locking fix), but not the enhancements (like
unblocking fork)?

The background is that I don't have the time to apply all accumulated
patches, but just the fixes would be OK (most of them are already in
my source tree).  Also, we haven't had a release version in a long
time. ;-)

(Just to reiterate, my time constraints will most likely be relaxing
at the end of the year, and I will be release new FreeMiNT versions
after then.)

BTW, I'll probably switch to compile my distributed binaries with
MULTITOS #define'd to work around the logbase/AES4.1 problem.

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW:   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mh1/