Re: SLIPing... and I can't get up!

What you wrote:

> > > I did notice one slight problem though...  any name-server requests would
> > > fail instantly; nothing was sent to my default gateway.  What do I have to
>
> Then there's something wrong with your routing table, or does this only occure
> for packets to the name server? How did you establish the connection and what
> does your routing table look like?

It was just me being stupid; when I switched over to this system, I
forgot to edit my resolv.conf.  An installation program for MiNT-net
would be a great thing...

> Ahem, I hope you used pppd? The -p ppp option in slattach or the ppp stuff
> in dip CANNOT bring up a PPP link! You MUST use pppd (it does not only set
> up the ppp interface, it also does an option negotiation protocol with the
> remote pppd before the link is brought up).

This must be my problem; I though slattach would do everything I needed
to run a PPP client.  It's counter-intuitive to run pppd to be a
client... so I hadn't even unpacked the pppd archive yet!  I'll try it
again tonight.

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com