SLIPing... and I can't get up!

Actually, I'm glad to say that I successfully SLIPed a few minutes ago;
ncftp and telnet and lynx worked connecting to a machine on the other
side of my modem!  Yay!

I did notice one slight problem though...  any name-server requests would
fail instantly; nothing was sent to my default gateway.  What do I have to
do to get nameserver requests working?  Recompile all the binaries with
the newer socket library?

I had another problem as well (gee, who isn't having problems?  we should
really come up with a nice install script or something)...  PPP would't
work.  Nothing was being sent back to me from the remote host.  ifconfig
suggested that everything was OK (mtu was 1500, which pppd says is the
default) and the routes looked OK.  Any ideas?

Now I'm going to try duftp...

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com