Re: future "free" MiNT releases

In message "future "free" MiNT releases", ersmith@netcom.com writes:

> (Sorry I'm so late in responding to this: I was on a short vacation.)

Sorry for myself responding so late to this.

> I think that "FreeMiNT" is a bit misleading, in that it implies that some
> versions of MiNT aren't free -- whereas the copying conditions for *any*
> version of MiNT must mean that it should be free.

Actually, in the BIG picture, not all versions of MiNT were free, at least
in binary form.  Just think of the "Free" part as being both source and
binaries as being "free"-ly distributed, even if the source was always so.

And how about the MiNT you had to pay Atari for to get MultiTOS?  That wasn't
exactly "free", even if Atari could claim you paid for the GEM portion and
they just threw in the MiNT part as a bonus.

Bell-Northern Research          Troy Carpenter                Atlanta, Georgia
troyc@bnr.ca                                       I speak for myself, not BNR
       "You're so open minded that your brain leaked out" - Steve Taylor
*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The best thing in life costs exactly that <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<*