no (x)init

I have seen some here wonder why people don't use init :-).  I myself
don't use because it takes a huge amount of memory and I'm the sole user
of my ST.  Xinit is even more huge.  In case someone is interested, I
start X by sourcing the following script with

'alias x="rm -f /usr/tmp/X.err; . $HOME/startx > /usr/tmp/X.err'
--- my 'startx' script ---
#!/bin/sh
# ($DISPLAY is set and kbd executed at the login)

# install a couple of ptys
if [ ! -r /dev/ptyp0 ]
then
	pty
fi
# Start X server
# (You need sleeps to wait for socket (re)creation)
echo '               _____  .__ __________________        ____  ___'
echo '              /     \ |__|\      \__    ___/        \   \/  /'
echo '             /  \ /  \|  |/   |   \|    |    _____   \     / '
echo '            /    Y    \  /    |    \    |   /_____/  /     \ '
echo '            \____|__  /__\____|__  /____|           /___/\  \'
echo '                    \/           \/                       \_/'
echo
X :0 &
XID=$!

# set the terminal emulation mode for Xvt
TERM_TMP=$TERM
export TERM=vt100

# wait that X gets up
sleep 2

#disable cursor
echo 'f'

# run the wm
echo '                        Plan-9 Window Manager...'
9wm -term /usr/bin/X11/xvt
#fvwm
#chimera
#xvt

# enable cursor
echo 'e'

# kill X
#rm /proc/X.*
kill $XID
wait

# restore terminal
TERM=$TERM_TMP
unset TERM_TMP
unset XID

Comments?  :-)

	- Eero -

PS. Now the only trouble is that the keyboard repeat doesn't work...