Re: TosWin and vt100

Frederic MAUMY writes:

> 		Hi !
>
> 	Always on my system (Falcon 4Mb/ Mint 1.12, Net and ppp) with
> 	ppp finally installed succesfully, I have a terminal problem.
> 	I use telnet in a window via toswin, but my TERM is vt52 (on
> 	the falcon) and I need a vt100...
>
> 	What can I do to have a vt100 emulation on my Falcon ?

 assuming you don't want one of those bigger-than-a-xterm GEM programs...

 do the telnet in a `screen' session, one of the things screen does
is turn you whatever-terminal into something thats good enough as vt100
for many programs.

 (and if you want it to use the speed of your ppp link don't run it
in a toswin window, run it on a ttyv?. :)

 hope this helps
	Juergen
--
J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.hb.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox