Re: X suggestion

David Vasileff (dvasilef@copper.ucs.indiana.edu) wrote:
> My experience with X (on unix) suggests that a 'virtual' desktop which you
> describe should be (and has been) done by the window manager.

No. At least XFree (X11 for *BSD and *beep*) has virtual resolutions
different from the physical ones. Remember there are still PCs out
there with Standard-VGA (640x480) displays.

Virtual resolutions combined with a window manager with virtual
desktops gives you lots of space for your windows. Then, running
`screen' in each xterm makes the confusion complete. And yes, I'm
working in such an environment right now. ;)

And don't forget, X has support for multiple displays on one
machine... ;)

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!