Re: X suggestion

> if you have problems with the size of the screen you shouldn't use the
> supplied window manager but fvwm (or the like). It is said to be smaller
> and it does support virtual screen.

As it's implemented on the wm level and not the h/w specific it's _slow_.
When you'll scroll the screen, everything is redraw by the apps itself
(using X primitives). I also mostly use 9wm which doesn't have a virtual
screen (much smaller than fvwm and boots faster (no initalization scrips :).

> It even supports different virtual screens of which only one is displayed.

I believe the term is 'virtual desktops'.

	- Eero -