Re: problems

Evan Langlois wrote:

> Where are the MiNT MH3 sources/patches?

Didn't you get my announcement?

The generic location is ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de:/pub/atari/Mint/Kernel/.

> I've heard that MagiC gives MORE time to programs that use alot of CPU power,
> and less to those that don't need it.  MiNT punishes programs that use
> alot of CPU crunching.  Which way is correct, should programs that eat CPU
> without calling the OS be punished or given what they need?

As far as I can tell, CPU hogs are penalized in order to get a better
response time for interactive programs.  This doesn't really mean that
they're not given what they need, just that they get somewhat less
time slices if other processes are ready to run (e.g. if new input
data has been received).

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de