Re: trailing slashes problem

Michael Hohmuth writes:
> I could use some help...
>
> Below are Andreas Schwab's trailing slashes patches.  It took me a few
> hours to track down that it was them which caused my machine to crash
> when launching the ROM GEM.
>
> >From the debug output it looks like the crash occurs inside AMC-GDOS
> while looking for assign.sys (or something like that) when AES opens
> its graphics workstation.  The last thing before the bus error was a
> relpathtocookie("\\") (<- this means two backslashes) or
> relpathtocookie("") -- I don't remember exactly.  I can't try without
> AMC-GDOS as I need it to drive my graphics card.
>
> As these patches are intended to make MiNT more TOS compatible, and
> because I can boot into GEM fine under TOS, I guess there must be
> something wrong with them, though I can't see what.

 actually they are indended to make MiNT more BSD compatible, if i'm
not mistaken... (ls -l /etc, etc. :)  anyway have you tried my
original diffs?  if they work maybe it really needs to look at the
current process' domain...

> Any ideas?
 if that isn't it put a templmon with the symbol stuff before MiNT and
make sure your kernel isn't stripped, then you can look whats really
going on there.  if you know 68k assembler...

 oh btw.  GEM crashing at boottime _may_ also have a totally different
reason: try giving everything to do with GEM a F_ALLOCZERO bit,
apparently somewhere in GEM some pointers etc don't always get properly
initialized.  for the ROM GEM set F_ALLOCZERO in the create-bp Pexec,
see execgem in ttyvdev.tar.gz.  (hmm maybe the `coping with GEM'
paragraph from its readme should go in some FAQ? :)

 hope it helps...
	Juergen
--
J"urgen Lock / nox@jelal.hb.north.de / UUCP: ..!uunet!unido!uniol!jelal!nox