Re: Probs with MinixFS

In <9502281251.AA06901@math.uni-muenster.de>,
Ulrich Kuehn (kuehn@GOEDEL.UNI-MUENSTER.DE) wrote:

>Hi there!
>
>|>I have a really big problem with MinixFS. It is the writing cache that
>|>Minix uses. How can I force the writing of the cache?? It already took
>|>more that 15 minutes and even longer before some writing was done.
>|>
>|>This is specially bad when I want to turn the Computer off. I never
>|>know if the cache is written or not.
>|>
>|>In older versions of Minix the cache was organized in an own process,
>|>there it was enough to call ps in a shell or Xcontrol, then all entries
>|>were written, but this does not help anymore.
>|>
>It would be much easiert to help if we knew what version of mint and
>minixfs your are using. With the newest MH-Mint, there is an update daemon
>which normally flushes the caches every 5 seconds, at least with a
>patched minixfs.

In the latest (pl11) distribution the NOHOG accessory was missing -
perhaps that's causing the problems?
(AFAIK, SingleTOS and the GEM DESKTOP spend too much time in supervisor
mode, thus preventing MiNT task switches...)

Martin
--
 Martin Koehling | mk@anuurn.do.open.de | Martin_Koehling@un.maus.ruhr.de