Re: UNIXMODE Environment ?

On Fri, 17 Feb 1995, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> knarf@nasim.nasim.cube.net (Frank Bartels) writes:
>
> |> s: Hashbang (#!) emulation should go into the kernel, how hard would it
> |>    be to implement it?
>
> This would require the kernel to do UNIXMODE conversion on the
> interpreter name, which i think is a bad thing (and Eric wouldn't like
> it either).

Maybe we could set some variable in mint.cnf, like

SHELL=u:\bin\sh

or similar which is to be started when the kernel is requested to start
such a file?

Ciao,
Stephan

|      Stephan Haslbeck	       |    Fachschaft Informatik    |
|       Agricolastr. 61	       |   Technische Universitaet   |
|      D-80686 Muenchen	       |      Muenchen, Bayern	     |
|          Es gibt keine Probleme, nur Loesungen.	     |