Problems with X4Mint and Mintos141

Today I got around to trying X4MiNT on my TT after successfully getting
X up and running under Linux on my PC yesterday.

I ran into lots of trouble with paths and directory names. Mainly (I think)
due to X being very case sensitive. Anyway I got it to the stage where it
is complaining about not being able to set its font path - and then not
being able to find the 'fixed' font. Now the PATH it asks for is there
(including the case), but I've obviously missed something.

Anybody like to post a path set for X that actually works?

Also I found several of my MiNT shell tool were broken. Mainly a case of
always creating lower case files even when the parameters are upper case.

There wasn't anything much in 'mupftl02.tos' of use - so I had another look
at 'mintos141'.

The main problem here was that every so often a file wouldn't decompress
- but gave an error message much like.

"Unrecognised file format 2: decompressing as a normal file"

only the files always come out empty. :-(

So the question is - where can I find *decent* versions of things like:

cp
mv
mkdir
rmdir

which understand MINIXFS. Also are there any other things I ought to FTP
to do this sort of stuff? A decent copy of TAR(?) which understands the
MINTOS tar file would also be good. I'm using one something like
TAR-1112.TGZ.

Thanks

Roland.

@CiX