Re: Virtual Memory

> I would also like to know who really _needs_ virtual memory or to whom it
> would be useful... And who cannot use it, because he has only 68000's
> running?

As I see it we have a BIG problem here. MiNT without proper VM will
not be able to compete with f.e. Linux68k. More and more people
(especially the "power-users") will switch to Linux unless MiNT
catches up with current OS-technology. Without these "power-users"
there won`t be anyone left capable of further development and
porting of free Unix-programs.

OTOH, if MiNT goes VM then we will loose every ST/STE/Mega-user,
effectively reducing the installed user-base to a couple of hundred
brave souls.

It looks more and more like a Catch-22 situation... :-(

--
|       Daniel Eriksson, root@icon.pp.se (UUCP), der@astrakan.hgs.se       |
|  Voice +46 26 72905, Fax +46 26 72123, F030/14/2000/Tower/17"/CDROM/DAT  |