Re: mv accross filesystems

Torsten Scherer (Schiller) <itschere@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

|>> When i try to use the 'mv' command to move
|>> files accross filesystems ( either TOS to MINIX
|>> or MINIX to MINIX ), it makes a Bus Error.

|>  Try increasing _stksize, that helped me. But please do neither ask for
|> a value nor for a reason. ;)

The reason is quite simple: when moving across filesystems the file
must be copied, and GNU mv uses a local variable in the stack as the
buffer, thus the stack must be bigger than the size of the buffer.
Now, i still can't say how big the buffer ist, but i think it is not
bigger than 8K, thus a stack size of 10K should be enough.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"